Ready-to-use insulating & fiber-reinforced lightweight mortar 500 kg/m3 (31.21 lb/ft3)
XX® is an easy-to-use bagged lightweight concrete, lightened by virgin, expanded polystyrene beads that are granulometrically controlled and coated with E.I.A. adjuvant (2-3 mm - 1/8 in diameter). XX® contains fibres and has good insulation properties.
XX® lightweight concrete can reduce structure weight (approximately 78% weight saving in comparison to traditional concretes). It insulates, providing thermal and acoustic treatments for the various types of existing substrates in apartment buildings and single-family houses during new construction and renovation. It can be used for all floor surfacing substrates, insulating underfloor forms and under-screeds, feather levelling, slope structures, thermal insulation and soundproofing against impact sound.
- Direct bonding to tiles after 48 hours, no smoothing needed.
- Lightweight: 500 kg/m3 (31.21 lb/ft3).
- Ready-to-use, 70-litre (15.39 gallons) bag.
- Fibrous = suppression of mesh splitting.
- Can be pumped long distances and from high heights.
- Good thermal insulation.
- Simple and easy application.
- Compatible with all flooring (see installation of flooring table).
- Stable over time.
- Mix quality remains constant throughout project.